- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced (opt)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place the asparagus into a steamer insert and set into a pot over one inch of water; bring the water to a boil. Place a cover on the pot and steam the asparagus for 5 minutes. (or you can just boil it in a pot of water). Transfer the asparagus to the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Combine the asparagus puree with the lime juice, cilantro, green onions, jalapeno pepper, garlic, tomato, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl; gently stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator until completely cooled.