Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tried and true

This is how we're doing our veggie "burgers" these days. Like I said before, we don't really worry about buns, and now it's transformed to this lovely item. Black bean veggie burger (recipe found HERE), topped with tomato, salsa, and avocado. Yum! I think next time I will nestle it on a bed of spring greens.


We had this the other night with my improvised cauliflower side that was delish and healthy to boot. Eric said it tasted like chicken nuggets. I can see where he might get that. Here's a picture (that doesn't really do them justice) and the recipe!


1 head fresh cauliflower
3 Tbsp milled flax
9 Tbsp water
1/2 c corn meal
Seasoning salt to taste (I think I did about 1 Tbsp)
OR seasonings of choice

Preheat oven to 375. Mix flax and water in a shallow bowl and allow to sit while you cut up your cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Mix corn meal and seasoning salt in a separate shallow bowl. Dip cauliflower in flax mixture, then dip in cornmeal mixture to coat. Place on cookie sheet (mine is non-stick, so I didn't grease it, but you might want to lightly grease the pan). Cook for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment